2 cups of fresh basil, washed & dried
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsps of pine nuts
2 tbsps of grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp of olive oil
ground black pepper
2 cups of pasta
400g chicken breast, sliced
2 cups of button mushrooms, sliced
1. To make the pesto, place the basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan and oil in a food processor. Process until well combined and season with pepper to taste.
2. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, drain then rinse and set aside.
3. In a frying pan over a medium heat, fry the chicken until mostly cooked. Add the sliced mushrooms and continue cooking until chicken has browned.
4. Once chicken is ready, add the pesto to the pan and stir well. Add the pasta and continue to heat until pasta is warm and coated in the pesto.
5. Serve pasta and top with parmesan if desired. Season with pepper to taste and enjoy!