6 cups (1.5L) of water
1 tbsp of stock powder
1 cup of pearled barley
¼ cup of fresh parsley, chopped
ground black pepper
2 cups of coliban potato, diced
3 carrots, chopped
3 stalks of celery, chopped
400g salmon fillet, cubed
lemon, to serve
1. Combine the water and stock in a pot over medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Add the barley and reduce to a simmer. Add the parsley and season with pepper to taste. Simmer covered for 15-20 minutes or until the barley is tender.
2. Add the potatoes and carrots to the soup simmering for a further 10-15 minutes.
3. Add the celery and cubed salmon and bring to the boil.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until salmon is cooked.
5. Serve with a lemon wedge. Enjoy!