250g spelt flour
170ml warm water
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir in the hot water and oil until a rough looking dough comes together. Knead the dough with your hands about 15 times, soaking up the extra flour at the bottom of the bowl as you go. If the dough is still too wet, add a touch of flour and knead again.
2. Shape dough into a ball and place in the bowl. Cover with a tea towel so it doesn’t dry out.
3. Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Grab a chunk of dough just larger than a golf ball. Shape into a ball and sprinkle on some spelt flour to coat lightly.
5. Place a large non-stick baking mat on the counter and flour a rolling pin. Sprinkle the mat with a dusting of flour.
6. Roll the dough all directions into a circular shape until it's paper thin. Drizzle the tortilla with a tiny bit of olive oil and spread it out to coat the entire surface.
7. Place the tortilla on the preheated skillet, oil side down. Cook over medium heat for around 30 seconds and then flip it with a spatula and cook for another 30 seconds or so.
8. Place cooked tortillas on a plate and cover with a tea towel to prevent drying. Repeat steps for the rest.
9. Store leftovers on a plate with a lightly damp paper towel spread out on top.