30g rice vermicelli
8 rice wrappers
8 large cooked, peeled prawns - cut in half
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
3 tbsps chopped fresh mint leaves
2 grated carrots
3 tbsps chopped fresh coriander
4 lettuce leaves, chopped
3 tbsps hoisin sauce
1 tsp finely chopped peanuts or peanut butter
1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Boil the vermicelli for 3 to 5 minutes and drain.
2. Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the hot water for 1 second to
soften. Lay wrapper flat. Lay 2 prawn halves, a handful of vermicelli, carrot, herbs and lettuce across the middle of the rice wrapper.
3. Fold the bottom of the wrapper and the sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
4. In a small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce and peanuts.
5. Serve the spring rolls with the sauce in a bowl for dipping.