2 large parsnips, peeled and sliced
½ leek, sliced
½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp dried coriander
½ tsp cayenne pepper or chilli powder
1 tbsp coconut oil
750 ml reduced salt chicken or vegetable stock
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan and add the leeks.
2. Reduce heat and sweat for around 5 minutes. Add the spices, stir and heat for a minute or so.
3. Next add the parsnips, stirring to cover in the spices. Add around half of the stock and cook over a medium heat for around 5 minutes.
4. Then add the rest of the stock, cover with a lid and cook over a low-medium heat for around 10-15 minutes until parsnips are tender.
5. Leave to cool and then blend.
6. Gently reheat when ready to serve.