1/2 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1 red onion, diced
1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
200g mushrooms, sliced
1 large carrot, finely diced
6 red capsicums, cored and deseeded with tops cut off
1/2 cup chopped parsley or mint
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cumin
1 cup couscous (dry weight), cooked in reduced salt vegetable stock
1/2 cup cashews, chopped
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until softened. Add carrots and cook until tender (adding a little water if needed).
3. Then add the parsley and spinach. Let spinach wilt and stir in cinnamon, cumin and cooked couscous. Toss gently to combine.
4. Add cashews and cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Set aside to let filling cool until just warm.
5. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a large baking tray with oil.
6. Divide couscous mixture evenly among the 6 capsicums, gently packing it down and making sure to fully fill each capsicum.
7. Top each capsicum with its reserved top then arrange them upright in prepared pan. Cover snugly with foil and bake, checking halfway through, until capsicums are tender and juicy and filling is hot throughout, about 1 hour.
8. Transfer to plates and serve.
Makes 6 capsicums