1 cup dairy milk or unsweetened almond or coconut milk
1 tbsp of fresh turmeric root, grated (or use approximately 2 teaspoons turmeric paste – combine 2 parts turmeric powder with 1 part boiling water and mix well.)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger root (or 1 teaspoon ground)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp of honey or sweetener of choice to taste
Pinch of black pepper (optional)
1. Gently warm the milk in a small saucepan. Do not boil.
2. Add turmeric, ginger and cinnamon.
3. Combine coconut oil with the mixture and gently heat together until melted.
4. Use a whisk to create a foam. Continue to stir until frothy and heated through.
5. Stir in honey or sweetener of choice to taste. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.