4 organic chicken thighs, skin removed
1 tsp butter
3 large leeks, washed and sliced
1 tbsp plain flour or cornflour
100g reduced-fat cream cheese or crème fraiche
100g mushrooms, washed and quartered
1 tsp dried rosemary and/or thyme
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook the chicken for around 5-10 minutes, until browned. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
2. Add the butter to the same pan and soften the leeks for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the leeks and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring continuously.
3. Next add the stock and herbs and bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the cream cheese, mustard and stir until melted into the sauce.
4. Put the chicken and mushrooms into a large casserole dish and then add the stock. Cook on a medium heat for around 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Serve with brown rice, or crusty brown bread and green vegetables.