300g wholemeal pasta shells, twists or penne
2 small cans of boneless mackerel in olive oil
Juice of one lemon
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
Black pepper to taste
2 spring onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
Handful of mint, finely chopped
Small tin of sweetcorn, drained
1. Cook the pasta according to instructions on packet.
2. While the pasta is cooking, finely dice the spring onion, pepper and open the can of mackerel and sweetcorn.
3. Make the dressing by mixing the olive oil from the canned mackerel with the lemon juice, mustard and black pepper.
4. When the pasta is cooked, drain and place in a large serving bowl. Add the onion, pepper, sweetcorn and mackerel and mix well. Stir in the dressing and mint and serve.
5. This salad will keep for a couple of days in the fridge.