80g Stevia natural sweetener
200g raw beetroot, peeled & grated
½ tsp vanilla extract
180g plain white flour
180g ground almonds
2tsp baking powder
2tbsp cocoa powder (or 1 ½ tbsp raw cacao powder)
Pinch of salt
200ml skimmed milk
80g natural yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C and line a muffin tin with 12 cases.
2. Whisk the eggs and sweetener in a large bowl until fluffy.
3. Mix in the beetroot, vanilla and then the rest of the dry ingredients. Slowly add the milk and yogurt and mix until well combined.
4. Divide mixture among the paper cases and cook for around 20 minutes.
5. Leave to cool on a wire rack. For a quick icing, mix quark or greek yoghurt with melted dark chocolate and a little icing sugar.
Makes 12 cupcakes - 194 calories per cupcake